Enterprise Database Corporation (“EDC”) takes your privacy seriously. If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact us via email or mail as indicated in the Contact Us section of this website.
Personally Identifiable Information defined
“Personally Identifiable Information” refers to any information that identifies or can be used to identify, contact, or locate the person to whom such information pertains. This includes information that is used in a way that is personally identifiable, including linking it with identifiable information from other sources, or from which other Personally Identifiable Information can be easily derived, including, but not limited to, name, address, phone number, fax number, email address. To the extent unique information (which by itself is not Personally Identifiable Information) such as personal profile, unique identifier, and IP address is associated with Personally Identifiable Information, then such unique information will also be considered Personally Identifiable Information. Personally Identifiable Information does not include information that is collected anonymously (i.e. without identification of the individual user) or demographic information not connected to an identified individual.
Information Collection and Use
Links to Third Party Websites
- In general you can visit or browse any of the EDC Sites without telling us who you are or revealing Personally Identifiable Information. However, once you provide Personally Identifiable Information to us, you are no longer anonymous to EDC.
- EDC may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you visit the Sites, EDC may receive information on its server logs from your browser, including your IP address. We may use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to Personally Identifiable Information.
The Sites and the EDC products may contain links to other third-party sites. Please be aware that even if these third-party websites are listed as affiliated, EDC has no control over these linked websites. These websites each have their separate privacy and data collection policies independent of EDC. Information collected by these affiliated websites is not received, stored or used in any way by EDC. As such, EDC is not responsible or liable for the privacy practices or actions of any such other sites. These links are only provided for your convenience and you therefore access them at your own risk. We encourage our users to be aware and to read the privacy statements of each and every site that collects Personally Identifiable Information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by EDC.
Our Commitment to Data Security
Accessing and Updating Your Information
- To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, EDC has established physical, electronic, and procedural measures reasonably designed to safeguard and secure the Personally Identifiable Information we collect.
- Please keep in mind that the internet environment is never failsafe. EDC will strive to maintain Personally Identifiable Information with modern security methods. But computer systems do fail from time to time, and devious individuals are always becoming more sophisticated. We’ll do the best we can, but nothing in this world is absolutely foolproof.
To better ensure compliance with updated security technology, EDC recommends using website browsers that adhere to today’s security standards. To ensure the highest level of security available today, EDC suggests that you select the highest-bit encryption level. When you submit information to us (or to any other web site) over the internet, the information may travel over many systems and networks that are not under the control of EDC. The Internet is not completely secure and others may intercept the information that you are sending. Further, anything you voluntarily provide in any public area of the internet, including on the EDC Blog, will be publicly available to others on that website and potentially to other third parties, and you should always use caution when deciding to publicly disclose any of your personal information.
- You are responsible for all actions taken using your EDC account user name and password. Do not share your EDC account user name and password with anyone. If you believe your password may have been compromised, you should change it immediately.
Special Note to Parents
We sell business products and services.
Pursuant to the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we are not permitted, and therefore do not, collect Personally Identifiable information from children we actually know to be under the age of 13, without the consent of that child’s parent or legal guardian. In fact, we require that all persons who review the site or contact us through the website be at least 18 years of age or accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children, to participate in the interactive activities offered online, and for children to consult with their parents before submitting any information to this or any other website.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information
Changes to this Policy
EDC may make changes to this policy from time to time by posting the updated policy on the Sites. We may not inform you at the time these changes are made. The updated policy will be automatically effective 15 days from posting on the Sites. Please check this policy on your own. Use of the Sites and of the EDC products and services constitute acceptance of the policy that is in force at that time.
Terms of Service
Please also check the Terms of Service establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of the EDC Sites.